Saturday, November 15, 2008

Random whining.... without pictures (gasp)

I'm drowning in blogland lately. Have lots of pictures to share, tons of stories to tell, and less time than ever to sit down at my computer and just...write.


reflect.


soak it all in.

Every time I take a picture now, instead of thinking "wow, great shot, I love this camera"...I think, "oh crap, that picture is pretty cute, but it just added another layer of pressure to share it with the the world and come up with something profound to say about it".

Add that to a busy school life, an even busier home life, homework, science fair projects, spending quality time with two precious people seemingly racing toward adulthood, marriage, keeping house reasonably clean and properly decorated for each successive holiday, pets, friendships, running, working out, Christmas shopping (WTF), expensive condo revovations, collecting bids and organizing workers' schedules for said renovations, securing a tenant who (thank you, God) will actually pay rent this time and take good care of said condo, date nights, girlfriend time, sister time, lesson plans, volunteer thank you gifts, Katie's school play........arrrrggggghhhhhhh

Well...no more. No more pressure on self. I will scoff at pressure from others (not really, but it felt good to type it).

Yes, the song you are listening to right now has significance. And it makes me laugh every time I hear it.

More to come on Katie's Birthday....when I have the time.

And I'll probably add some pictures, too.

If I feel like it.

Briggs OUT. (pumping fist in air like a bad ass)

11 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

You don't scare me with your fist pumping!! It's laughable. Literally! I don't care what you write or how many pictures you post, just post. Even if it's a sentence. You don't have to Maya Angelo everytime! Like Kelle says, "it's called a keyboard...use it". Classic line!!

Keep posting. Your fans wanna hear from you.

All 7 of them.

I'm funny.

Jennifer said...

You just added 3 days time to my next post, B-ouch.

Feel the wrath.

Heidi said...

loving this post. i love all your posts soooo much. however, NO pressure at all to post more often. well, maybe a little nudge here and there but only for a sentence or two(what kelle said is classic and funny indeed). pictures are a bonus!

i soooo understand what you said about taking a good picture and then getting that feeling that you need to download, upload, write a post...IT'S WORK!!!

so happy that you rented the condo!
xoxo

Kelle said...

laughing at be-ouch.
i thought there were gunna be pics? what the? okay...in photobucket, when you upload, before you upload, check "large"...and no larger if they are getting cut off.

Rayna said...

I am so totally feeling you right now. Every snap of the camera is a thought of pressure that I am already behind on Alan's second year album and it's only been one month since he turned one. I think we need to all get together and drink hot tea with computers and play with pictures.

Rayna said...

I am so totally feeling you right now. Every snap of the camera is a thought of pressure that I am already behind on Alan's second year album and it's only been one month since he turned one. I think we need to all get together and drink hot tea with computers and play with pictures.

Krista said...

personally....i like this little rant. love the pictures too, but sometimes a little ranting does the soul good. ;)

Steph C said...

You to too cute and so honest I love it! And i know I will feel this way soon as well I don't even work now and feel that I only have time to post a few pictures and write a few words every now and then:) The blog is not important what is important is what you are doing every day of your life being a wonderful mommy, wife, friend, family member, and teacher. xoxoxox

Julie Frizzi said...

It is nice to hear that I am not the only one feeling "rushed". I am about to take the plunge and buy a new camera!!! When I look at these pics ........That Katie takes the cutest pictures....that little smile!!1 love it...Ok, I need to get my blog up and running again! Maybe I will do that soon!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for inspiring me today.

Heidi said...

OMG-i just checked your blog again just because i do everyday...not bc i think you should have posted again, bc i don't. unless you would have, then i would have savored everyword...

...anyway, i just realized you had Under Pressure playing on your blog-HAHAHAHAHAHA cracked me up, oh and it sounds like vanilla ice's Ice Ice Baby...yeah, i liked that song back in the day.

yeah, i went to two of his concerts.

yeah, so what of it:)

xoxo

Grandpa said...

Whenever I read your Blog . . . and Kelly's too . . . I seem to learn more about you both than I already knew!

Your life seems so hectic in your writings . . . but as I read your Blog . . . I realize you have everything under control.

Love Ya!

Grandpa!