Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gratitude

Things that have made me smile lately...

sunny and chilly days

bike rides

a clean garage

trips to the library

national championships

miami memories

good, true girlfriends

a job I love

jamie's humor

grandma time for my kids

wearing a scarf

jordan's dry wit

singing this song with Katie in the car...at the top of our lungs

two kids I love to be around

lily's MRI results

group power

father and son playing baseball together

katie's resilience

my students' faces on inauguration day

a rented condo

cold, cuddly nights with the windows open

conversations with katie

the feeling exercise brings

dad's healing knee

late afternoon naps

christmas parties

an incredible class

friday nights at Lucarelli's

a husband who has known me for 19 years...and still loves me

church sermons with a good message

riding our bikes to the gym for a workout...and next door for a beer

a new good book

healthy eating

tiny glimpses into the man Jordan will become

uncontrollable laughter at girl nights

andrea, the best teaching partner ever

working with my sister

kate's love for her new sport, tennis

and finally...grateful that this only lasted two days:

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

I'm grateful for all those things too! Your sign made me laugh so hard! Not only is it adorable, but the part that says "Kids Heartbroken" is so cute and unfortunately true!! After seeing Marley and Me and losing Daisy, I'm bet they are oober protective of A&D!!! Love you!

Kelle said...

i love this post. i sipped every gratitude of yours and drank it in. i'm grateful for you. xoxo and yes...i noticed how darling you look in that scarf.

Krista said...

what a GREAT list!!

donna said...

YOU are awesome! You look great in a scarf! I love that you hang at my place on Fridays! I agree w/ the teaching partner thing! This year has been amazing! I have the best teachers in the world!!!! You inspire me and always make me laugh!!!!!!

Grandpa said...

While reading your list . . . I got a warm feeling about all the things that made you smile . . .

I'm always amazed how you're able to "juggle so many balls in the air" . . . but a clean garage? . . . are you serious? . . . this I gotta see! I should talk . . . it only took me four years to clean mine!

. . . and my Thought for the Day:
"Enjoying your children to the fullest today . . . will bring a smile to your face for years to come!"

Love Ya!

Dad & Grandpa!
*******************

Heidi said...

hmmm, weird. i left a comment and now its disappeared. i must have hit a bad button.:)

i LOVE this list. you can rock a scarf, so with you on chilly nights with the windows open, girls' nights are 'da bomb doe!', your kids are amazing. love how you wrote that you are grateful for glimpses of the man jordan will become...chills!!

i am grateful for you in my life!
xoxo

Mary said...

Soooo many things I can relate to and
Good job Grandpa, on the comment above!!!!
You have a way of making us feel it, Jen. And loving your kids the way that you do will reward you for the rest of your life with the satisfaction and warmth that they are happy and confident people.

And you will enjoy them so!!!!!

Love,
Mom

Steph C said...

Love it I need to write all that I am thankful for to help me refocus. You are amazing at doing it all and doing it all SO well!