Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Tale of Two Nieces

I love having a daughter. I love her femininity, I love her strength, I love her wit, I love her sensitivity, I love being in her presence, I love the way she looks at the world....and I love...well, pretty much everything about her.

Now my sisters each have a daughter. And it's been a gift having a chance to relive moments from the past shared with my Katie...the milestones, the worries, the drama, the emotions, the bonding, the celebrations, and the ultimate joys that can be found in the early years with a baby girl...and each step is happening right before our eyes with these two...


Grace Elizabeth...


...spunky-smart-inquisitive-girly-tough-loving-sensitive-wants-to-be-like-big-brother-marches-when-she-walks-adorable-beautiful-faced-GRACE.




Photobucket

Lily Grace...



...blossoming-exploring-belly-laughing-independent-cuddly-loving-soaking-in-her-entire-world-gorgeous-always-smiling-smells-like-heaven-LILY.




Photobucket

I love these two like they were my own... :)

5 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Oh, heavens to Betsy, I wasn't expecting this!! What a sweet surprise to see our babies up on the big screen! I love those collages! You'll have to show me how to do that because everytime I try, I chop off ears and limbs that shouldn't be missing!

I love you and thank you for loving Lily like your own! Grace too! Lily is so lucky to have aunts like you and Molldoll!

Happy heart after seeing this post!!

Kelly Hutcheson said...

PS I don't think I've ever said "Oh, heavens to Betsy" in my entire life.

Wth is Betsy?

Kelle said...

Lol...I say heavens to betsy all the time. 'cuz it was my mom's version of "not swearing."

beautiful girls...beautiful collages! And a very lucky aunt you are!

Mary said...

Jen, Jen,
This was beautiful. You capture in word and pictures the specialness of those two beautiful girls. I am so lucky to have ALL of you!!!!

Mom

DGMommy said...

I feel so honored! Like Kelly said, I did not expect to see my little one on the "big screen". She is such a special little girl and I am so grateful to be her Mommy! Thank you for loving her like you do. We are very lucky to all have girls:) However, boys rock too!!!! Love you!!!