Monday, May 11, 2009

This time he needs us...

...My Dad.

our Dad.

The dad with whom God blessed his three daughters...the one who has been steadfastly loyal in his devotion to our happiness.

The Dad who makes us all wonder how we got so lucky.

The Dad who has been there for me at every turn. Every high, and every low.

The Dad who has cheered us all on...through every facet of life...and does the same today with his grandchildren.
He is the first one to tell you how amazing and incredible Jordan, Katie, Douglas, Grace, and Lily are. Just ask him. :)

The Dad who lives by..."If you girls ever need me...just ask".

The Dad who is always willing to lend a hand...give us a ride...help us move...make a delivery...fix something that's broken.

Well...now Dad has something that's broken.

This time... he needs us.


Photobucket


Knee replacement surgery...

Photobucket


My Dad is in pain.

He is hurting.

and I hate it.


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Nothing cheers him up like his granddaughters.........he smiles from ear to ear when they come around.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


It's hard to see my Dad hurting.

IV's.

Put to sleep.

Hospital gown.

Vulnerable.

At the mercy of doctors, nurses, therapists, medication schedules, and painful exercises.


Photobucket


But.........we will get through this together.


Photobucket


He will come back stronger than ever.


Photobucket




Photobucket



Photobucket


So now Dad............ you need our help...

Photobucket

We thought you'd never ask. :)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my word, Jennifer. This is so heartfelt. It brought tears to my eyes! I love the pics of your dad with Lily and Katie. PRECIOUS. The one of him & Kelly is sweet. Your dad is strong, hopefully is recovery is going as smoothly as possible.

Heidi said...

holy was not epecting this post to make me want to cry.

he's lucky to have you girls too! he is an amazing person. hoping he feels better soon.

the pic of him and kelly in the hallway is sweet.

Grandpa said...

Its a little hard typing this with tears dripping down on my keyboard . . . where in the heck is a Kleenex when I need one! Thank you Jennifer for capturing these precious moments!

Your bedside visits meant a lot to me . . . let’s not forget Jamie and Jordan stopping by with the NDN. I’ll always remember seeing the wonderment and innocence on the faces of Katie, Lily and Jordan as they looked around my room.

Putting my injury in perspective . . . yes my knee hurts . . . yes it does swell up and it’s very difficult to bend . . . but when compared to the suffering of so many other folks . . . mine may be on the level of a “hang nail.”

Mary and I have always been proud to say we are the parents of three beautiful daughters . . . it’s such a comfort seeing the adults you have become . . . full of empathy for others, devotion to your families and most of all . . . just really nice people!

Now about my blue Mu-Mu . . . not one to be known as a “fashion plate” . . . I must say that hospital gown looks pretty good on me . . . perhaps it should hang in my closet with all of my other duds . . . ready to be worn to our next outing at the Outback!

Now to my daughters and to Mary . . . thank you all for being who you are!

Love ya!
Dad & Grandpa!
**********************

Mary said...

Jen, you really hit it out of the park this time. What wonderful photos and wonderful words spoken about your Dad.

You girls really stepped up to the plate and helped your father. He has been there every step of the way your whole lives and you had a chance to say thanks and you did in spades. It makes Dad and I so proud to see the caring and sensitive young women you three have become. Not just in this instance, but countless times during your lives.

The photos are THE BEST!!! My favorites are the one with Katie and her arm around Dad and the one where Kelly and Lily and Dad are walking down the hall, laughing.
The best!

Dad will come back strong as ever. He wouldn't stand for anything less.

We love you all so much,
Mom

Kelly Hutcheson said...

OMGoodness! I just realized I didn't comment yet on this post! I've talked about it with so many people, but thought that counted as a post.

I LOVE THESE PICTURES! You have such "voice" in your pictures if that makes any sense. It's like they're talking to me.

My favorite thing about our family is the way we always rally around each other, running to someone in need, surrounding that person with love, support, to help in any way to carry the burden. I've been in the one in the center of that circle and it feels darn good! (not cursing on your blog as good role model for j&k. lol)

I love you and the way you told this story!

Dad, u kneed to get better because we can't run without you! You're our glue and we haven't hit the pavement since your surgery! eeks!(hiding rolls)

Feel better!! You are SOOOOO loved!!

DGMommy said...

What a GREAT tribute to an UNBELIEVABLE father. He has always been there for us whenever we needed him. He has always given us support, comfort, and wisdom. I know us girls have often gone back to him to ask for his advice, even into our adulthood. He has given us a picture of what an honest and trustworthy man looks like. This has guided us to look for the same things in our husbands and accepting nothing less. Hope your legs gets better soon so you can hit the fields again. God speed!

Love you!!!!