Sunday, April 20, 2008

She's at camp...

Katie left for a Children's Retreat with our church on Friday. It is her first sleepaway camp. Here she is, all packed and ready to go.
She has been away from me for two days. I don't like it. I miss her and our family is not the same without her. I miss her giggle. I miss her sarcastic comments. I miss her sneaky way of digging into my earrings, hair products, or make up... where I go to find something, and my things do not look quite the way I left them. I miss her smell. I miss the way she wakes up in the morning and still curls up into my lap for a sleepy hug. I miss her voice. I miss the little notes she leaves for me. I miss the singing and "talking to herself" sounds that we can constantly hear from her bedroom.
I want her back.
It's Sunday today, and I get to pick her up in 47 minutes. Yahoo!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awww, you are SUCH a good mommy, Jen! I love that!! What lucky kiddos Jordan & Katie"bug" are to have you as their MOMMY! I know you probably feel just as lucky, if not more to have such SWEET, loving, smart, good natured kids! :o)

Rayna said...

I cannot wait, yes I can, for these moments. Your kids are beautiful!