Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Coffee Talk

About once a month...

on a weekend morning...

Jordan shuffles out of his bedroom, hair crumpled, wearing only his boxers...

and he declares (in his sleepy voice) :

"I think I'll have a cup of coffee."

So, we silently smirk as he confidently meanders over to the mug drawer, carefully chooses the appropriate container, measures his creamer, and pours himself a Cup O' Joe.

He slurps his coffee loudly, smacking his lips.

I sooooo love to watch him.

It is the cutest thing ever.

On this particular morning, he decided to add "reading the newspaper" to his growing up routine.

WHAT!!?? Who IS this child??!!

Uhhhh...cue Mom...snapping pictures.

I couldn't help it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Is it possible to love him even more?? Yes...yes...YES.

7 comments:

Kelle said...

oh, jennygirl, that made me smile! those pictures are beautiful! he looks twenty! and i love that he does this. all nonchalant and everything. you captured it beautifully!

Krista said...

OH MY WORD. that is so awesome!! i love your family.

Kelly Hutcheson said...

OMG! He looks like he's home from college!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I love this post! Simple and delightful! Kinda like coffee! (if I liked it)

DGMommy said...

I still picture him with his curly hair and "I fwink. . ." He is growing up to be such a great kid and SO great with his cousins! I love those pictures!!!!

Love ya!
Molly

Grandpa said...

When looking at these pictures of Jordan . . . I felt I was in the kitchen with ya'all . . . enjoying the relaxed mood of this early morning coffee-klux.

As Kelly T. said above . . . Jordan does look like he's just home from college to see his family and to get his clothes washed.

If I were you . . . I'd be a little concerned of Jordan having a hankering for coffee . . . Cuz when he does get to college . . . he might be drinking coffee while he enjoys one of his many "big dinners" at his favorite restaurant . . . Steak & Ale!

Thanks for sharing . . .

Love Ya!

Dad & Grandpa!

Heidi said...

how did you get pictures of jordan's future self???? i LOVE these. i love the way he confidently walks over to make himself a cup!!!

j and he sharing the bar, drinking some coffee, and catching up on the sport section...classic.

xoxo

Carin said...

ok, that last one of him and jamie?!?!?!

get up off your bootie and head directly to target to buy a frame. do not pass go. do not collect $200.

frame it.
today.