Sunday, March 23, 2008

Waiting For Lily...


My sister is pregnant.
This is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen of my sister.
Happiness radiates from her entire body.

My baby sister...
is going to have........a BABY.


This is a much celebrated baby.


Her name is Lily, and I love her
so much already I can barely stand it.


We have all waited for her, dreamed of her, hoped for her, prayed for her..... since she was a cluster of cells in a Petri dish.


We have wished for Lily even before then, when Kelly and David were in the depths of despair, coping the best they could against steep odds, and doing everything they could and then some, to get pregnant.


We cried, hugged, and grieved with them when Lily's two siblings went to heaven. They are not forgotten. They were loved, and always will be. I know they are watching over her right now.


Lily is surrounded by love........both up in heaven, and here on earth........by Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, friends........and parents who yearned to hold her for years.


She is so deeply loved already.


Now Lily is just days away from her birthday. It is going to be a beautiful, magical day.
Just thinking about it brings me to the verge of excited, heart thumping, happy tears.


My baby sister is going to have a baby.
Her name is Lily.


And I can't wait to meet her. :)

9 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

OK! How about a little warning about this post before I check it while at work on my break!?? OMG! I'm a sobbing mess! Had to close the door and pretend to be on the phone!! Heavy sigh. Happy sigh. That was beautiful!! WOW! i'm so touched! Lily is so very lucky to come into this world surrounded by so much love!! xoxo

Kelle said...

TEARS!!! AUNT JENNY GIRL! It's amazing to think that she will be here, and I love imagining each person's face as they meet her...David and Kelly of course...but you. Oh, for you to hold that baby. It's going to be amazing, isn't it. I seriously can't even think about what it will be like to hold her...this dream. I love how much you love Kelly and this baby! 143~

DGMommy said...

Beautifully written!!! I ditto what you said:) It will be a magical day!!!

Carin said...

CHILLS!!!

my phone is on...someone please call me! I will chill some champagne and toast with you all over the phone!

ahhhhh! can't wait!!!!

Heidi said...

OMG Jenn,
I knew it would be a beautiful posting, but, HOLY MOLY tisues over here! Ditto your posting how loved baby Lily is already. WE can not wait to meet that little bundle of happiness. I've said it before and I will say it again...the bond that you and Kelly share (Molly, too) is inspirational and lover-ly!!! XO

Stephanie said...

I couldn't agree more w/everyone's post(s). This is such a beautiful post! The pic of Kelly is one of my favorites...she is ABSOLUTELY GLOWING!!!:o) I am so happy for K & D, and the rest of your family! I can't wait to meet sweet Lilypie!
~xoxo

Kelly Hutcheson said...

I cry everytime I've read this post! I almost have it memorized I've read it so many times! I love you and thank you for loving Lily, David and I so much. And so perfectly!!!

Jennifer said...

I cry when I read it too!! LOL I can't wait for LILY!! I love you SO MUCH!!!

Stephanie said...

LILY GRACE is here! YAAAAAAAAY! Congratulations, Aunt Jennifer!! Love you!