Saturday, May 24, 2008

Golden Apple 2008


Jordan was asked to present his first grade teacher, Libby Buck, at the 2008 Golden Apple Awards Show. This was a big deal. Televised live. Thousands of people watching. My sweet twelve year old son in a tuxedo, standing behind a huge podium at the Philharmonic, speaking into a microphone on live TV.
Lots of emotions that night...so honored to be there...so proud of my family...so happy for Libby...and SO NERVOUS for Jordan…I literally had a lump in my throat.
He AWED me. He was confident. He was relaxed. He stood up on that stage in front of thousands of people and blew us all away. My heart swelled.
Enjoy the show. :) jc

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Jenn-Ilove those pictures. I taped the show that night, so I have watched him present Libby twice-he was AMAZING.
I LOVE your slideshow! How funny, I just put one on my blog today-took me FOREVER! I like how you could add captions to your pics. Feel like i was there:)

carie said...

wowie...such a proud night..for all!

Stephanie said...

Jen,
Love the pics....slideshow! Ver cool. What a magical, marvelous, happy night for your family to share! Jordan was AWESOME!!!

Krista said...

j...
i realize we are perfect strangers, but...
you must be doing an amazing job raising him....
"He was confident. He was relaxed. He stood up on that stage in front of thousands of people and blew us all away." ....that doesn't happen by accident. way to go!