Friday, May 30, 2008

Snapshots of a Sleepover

Kate had her BFF over for a sleepover.

She loves sleepovers. She loves her friends. She loves talking, giggling, and all things girlish. She looks forward to sleepovers and makes lists of fun things they can do during the actual sleepover period of time. Once the friend arrives, she skips around the house with her and is on top of the world.

They plow through the "List Of Fun Things To Do":
Swimming...CHECK.
Hide and Seek...CHECK.
Scavenger Hunt...CHECK.
Change into matching silk jammies...CHECK.
Play cool music and sing along...CHECK.
Peruse Yearbook...CHECK.
Play the Wii...CHECK.
Spy on Brother and Giggle...CHECK.

Every time Katie asks if she can have a sleepover, she has such a desperately hopeful tone in her voice, as if she is holding her breath, silently pleading "please say yes...please say yes..." I crush her soul when I say no, and I make her day when the answer is yes.

This time, I made her day. :)


Secured Mother Of The Year status with Make Your Own Pizzas and Ice Cream Sundaes.
Still waiting on that trophy. They must be having it engraved or something.




The many faces of Katie...
God, I love this kid.

7 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

I can't believe how much she looks like you in those pictures! There's nothing better than sleepovers as a kid!! I love that Katie is having such incredible memories!

Oh and your trophy is on backorder because you've gotten too many already!! lol.

Heidi said...

OMG Jenn-those pics rock my world. They look like you had a pro come in and take them. I want to make an Ice Cream Sundae advertisment with those pics. LOVE the list, the pjs, the many faces of Katie-she is such a pretty girl.

You do deserve that trophy...it is coming. LOL on backorder trophy:)

Stephanie said...

TOO FUN! Wait, you can never have too much fun, right!? LOL! Truly, what a FIN night for Katie, and her friend! Love the jammies...how cozy! Make your own ice cream and pizza, YUM!!! Notice how I wrote ice cream,then pizza? That's the order in which I'd eat it, if I had the choice! ;-)

Love the pics!! YOU are MOM of The YEAR!!! Man, Jamie is going to need to make new shelves, to hold all those trophies! xoxo

Stephanie said...

OOPS, I just said you can never have too much FIN? I don't know how to have FIN, but FUN that's a different story! :o)

Rayna said...

I can't wait for these days,even though I'm sure they won't be sleepovers. The girls look like they had a BLAST! What a cool mom you are!

carie said...

love the sleepovers!!!! wonderful pics of it all...you're so lucky she LETS you take those pictures!!!!

Carin said...

wow. mother of the year for sure.

LOVE the many faces of katie.