Thursday, August 14, 2008

Football Season

It's here.

It has begun.

FOOTBALL... is my favorite sport to watch. I love LOVE college football...I tolerate pro football...but in essence...all football is good. It is part of the fall season where things get even a little chilly in Florida and once in a while, I get to open the house up and maybe even (gasp) wear a sweater.

I love to have people over to "watch the game"...I love to pull out UF's orange and blue colors, wear my favorite Gator garb.....make nachos, put burgers on the grill and scream at the TV as my Gators battle for a win. My stomach is in knots before and during each game. When we win, I feel relieved for one more week...and when we lose, I will wear my Gator hat and t-shirt all day Sunday..... in a silent but visual show of loyal solidarity.

I am a Gator.

Go Gators.

But I have a new football player to watch this season. He has been out of circulation for a while, so they may have to redshirt him. He is light for his age, but his heart is pure and his work ethic is impeccable. He is incredibly cute and as smart as anyone I have ever met.

Oh, did I mention? This player is my son.

We went to get him fitted for his equipment this afternoon. He was so excited, he didn't want to take it off...

...even hours later, as he watched TV.








God...thank you for giving me this kid.
I don't know how I got so lucky. :)

8 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

I love the buildup about this mystery player! Then the pictures of him sitting in the recliner with all his gear on was priceless!! The last line made my heart skip a beat! So true! He is such a gem!

Krista said...

that is so awesome....
enjoy watching your favorite player this year.
i'm jealous, we don't have a football player yet....maybe nolan in a few years. we'll see.

Kelle said...

Awww...Jennygirl! That is so precious. I'm so excited for football too, and Austyn is freshman player now for Baron.
Jordan is starting to look like a man...a handsome man. You must be so proud! love you!

Samantha said...

That brought tears to my eyes. SO sweet. WHat a great time in their lives to be following their dreams and making their own choices. You are a great mommy! Although not sure about your college football team but am learning to tolerate them because of my Gator husband.

Carin said...

Go Gators! I loved this...wearing your gear as you prepare nachos, etc. I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I'm not saying I could fully explain a sack or a blitz, but there's just something about all that comes with it. the familiar voices of the commentators. the chill in the air. soup on the stove.

just think of all you have to look forward to with jordan!

Steph C said...

Oh Jen Jen I love your posts! Girl after my own hear I love football season too but I love pro footballmore than college! But having a son playing football that is the best kind! I love the pictures you are good:)

Heidi said...

look at him...he really is starting to look ! What a sweetheart leaving his football get up on.

I, too, love all that football season means...FALL...excited energy, crisp climates, chili bubbling on the stove...cold beer (yes, i like beer now!!!!WOO HOO!!)...how fun your house is to be in!!!! xoxo

can't wait to hear about all of jordan's upcoming football stories and experiences!!!

Rayna said...

WOW, football season. The time of year that most women dread, unless of course you have a son playing and then it's the most exciting time of year. I only wonder what he was thinking when you were taking all of those pics of him. He is such a cutie and so lucky to have you as a mom...a mother and son bond PRICELESS!!!