Saturday, June 21, 2008

Memories

I have two scrapbooks.

One is for Jordan...his first two years.

The second one is for Katie...her first two years.

I love these books. I worked for endless hours to crop, mount, journal, decorate, sticker, and preserve each phase of their baby-ness in an "acid-free" bubble.

I literally "cropped 'til I dropped". (Thank you, Creative Memories...I love your company for pioneering the scrapbooking frontier, and opening this creative, love-driven world to me.)

Then, in 2000, I bought a Kodak digital camera. (Remembering it now, it seems so huge and bulky... little did I know that over time, my digital cameras would be big...then go tiny...then get even bigger)
I bought the first one so I would have enough "pixels" (and I didn't know what this meant, the guy at Circuit City just told me to get a LOT) to really capture every moment in its truest form.

So now, I have years and years and YEARS of precious photos...images of J&K's childhood...locked in jpegs, gifs, and God knows what else. Over the years I have thought about those pictures and wished I had them in my hands...so I could touch them...shuffle through them in a shoebox...or tape them to the fridge, instead of displaying them in a slide show on a computer screensaver.

It's time to join this digital scrapbooking world all my friends rave about. It's actually very fun, and the possibilites are endless.

Here is my first attempt.

Psstt...I think I'm hooked. :)





10 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Holy cow!! That is incredible! I haven't seen these pictures yet from Lake June, but I'm glad this is the first time seeing them. I love the way you narrated your scrapbook history and put this together so beautifully! Can't wait to see more! You're awesome!! xoxo

Steph C said...

Jen GREAT JOB! It looks amazing! I know it is so addiciting! I started doing it a couple of months ago but it will be much more fun when I have baby pictures:) I am hooked too and still learning the options are endless!

Steph C said...

Jen GREAT JOB! It looks amazing! I know it is so addiciting! I started doing it a couple of months ago but it will be much more fun when I have baby pictures:) I am hooked too and still learning the options are endless!

Steph C said...

Jen GREAT JOB! It looks amazing! I know it is so addiciting! I started doing it a couple of months ago but it will be much more fun when I have baby pictures:) I am hooked too and still learning the options are endless!

Stephanie said...

OMG.....Jen these are AMAZING! LOVE them!

Julie Frizzi said...

Maybe there is hope for me...I am not a scrap booker or anything of the such......

Heidi said...

HOLY AWESOME Jenn-
those are BEAUTIFUL!!! First off, your words are so amazing to read. I just want to keep reading and reading what you have to say. Please write a book!

Secondly, HOLY MOLY-the pages are so great and special. I cant wait to see it all. Have any helpful hints to share? xoxoxo Missing you girls!

Kelle said...

J TO THE ENNY-GIRL!!!! These are awesome. The pics...love the close up of Katie's profile, love the one of the two of them together, love the one of Jordan casually walking the dock. You rock, girl!

Krista said...

I LOVE those.....I so need to get moving on all these digital pics...thanks for the inspiration.

Rayna said...

Love the pages...it is SOOO addicting. I have had to go back and forth because I started Alan's baby book the old school way, so it will just be a mix. Hope you're having a good summer, miss you!