Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Little Girl in a Big Chair


This is my girl last night. It was during Reading Time. I was supposed to be reading, but I couldn't take my eyes off her. So I snapped this picture.
The silk jammies. The pillow placed behind her back for extra comfort. The freshly showered hair held back by her eye guard, that she will later slide down over her face when she sleeps. Her favorite monkey blanket carefully smoothed over her. The place by her feet is where she hopes the cat will settle.

Then......... this morning, I walked by her room to peek at her sleeping, and saw this laid out on her floor:

Apparently we have a big day planned. :)

5 comments:

Kelle said...

Big smiles at this post! OMG!! LOVE THE SCARF!!! She's inspired me! I've been wanting to pull "the scarf"...but was just a wee bit timid! Oh, I love her...and love that picture. Lol on "apparently we have a big day planned"

p.s. I always love your comments. Your comments on other's blogs are "posts" in themselves. I was just smiling at the one you left Carin on her Target/Marshalls post. love you so much!

Samantha said...

I love it!!!! She is so cute and must love her mommy so much for thinking she is the greatest thing! How organized she is to lay out her clothes. I don't even do that. SO sweet!

Carin said...

oh, jen! the top pic...I can just feel the coziness. I love seeing my girls contented like that...

enjoying being alone, enjoying simple things like a favorite blanket. the anticipation of being joined by the cat. a good book. nice jammies. a great reading lamp. oh, to instill these things in them is priceless! what a gift!

I am so inspired by this post! I so want my girls to see beauty in the simple!

Mary said...

It made me so happy to see that picture of Katie. You could just feel the contentment and happiness in that moment. She looked so cozy. And the way that you present it was, as always, sooooo, oh, I don't know the word - you put things so "appropriately" (wrong word, but everyone knows what I mean) so that we can really, really feel the moment. What a special little girl she is-just like her Mom when she was little. You loved to read at that age and I'm glad everyone is getting back to it!
Love, Mom

Heidi said...

I LOVE the scarf too!!! I am into scarfs right now too, so I am also inspired by this. Feeling pretty 'hip' that Katie is wearing scarfs right now, must be the thing to do. She is a little fashionista!!!