Monday, July 14, 2008

Missing Cousins


I miss these kids. I miss how cute they are. I miss how they interact with J&K. I miss how much they change each time I see them. I miss the sense of family we all feel when we are together. I miss how they are amazed by our dog and cat. I miss their funny expressions. I miss how they remind me of a time gone by when J&K were that young. I miss how my kids suddenly become role models in their presence, and rise to the occasion.




I miss how they look up to J&K as if they possess hero status. I miss how they bring a youthful innocence to our time together. I miss how my kids don't fight when they are around. I miss how they smile. I miss their chubby cheeks and toddler voices. I miss how they still need help doing the littlest things.

I miss how when we all meet again, it's like we were never apart.

It's natural. It's cousins. It's FAMILY.

I miss these kids.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, that's so sweet. I know what you mean. So much of my family is still up in Chicago. I wish we could all be together (in the same town).

I am sure M & D, and the kids miss your family just as much! You're such a good Auntie.

xoxo

Kelly Hutcheson said...

It REALLY is a sweet thing to watch them all interact! Since we were pretty much on our own in FL as far as extended family goes, I never expected it to happen and everytime it's even more magical!! LOVE IT!! Such a bond!!

Kelly Hutcheson said...

We all miss you guys too! TRUST ME!!! It is amazing how Jordan and Katie have such patience with D & G's request to play a game. (and do it again and again and again) They are such great role models. D&G want to be just like them:) We truly cherish the time we get to spend together. I love that they will form a bond that will last through the years! FAMILY ROCKS!!!

Molly (I'm using Kelly's acount)

Carin said...

love those pictures...you can see such sweetness in jordan and katie as they help the littler ones along. what a great opportunity for them to lead.

I'm feeling your pain! Kelle was so close to all my girls...the older two, especially. I so wish I could have that with Lainey.

so glad she has such wonderful "stand in aunts" like you guys to fill the gap.

xo

Kelle said...

I too feel PAIN looking at these, wanting this for lainey. i know s, s, and s would be her three favorite people if she knew them better, and my heart aches to see them slingin' her on their hip and trying to carry her around. these kids are blessed to be separated only be the southern skinny torso of Florida.

Krista said...

ugh. probly shouldn't have read this on the morning i'm leaving michigan. beautiful words and pics tho!
glad to see you 'public' again.... ;)