Monday, July 21, 2008

Thank you


There is so much in this life to be happy about. This is especially clear to me after a relaxing, FUN, giggle-filled weekend with my Mom and sisters.

So...today I am grateful for...

-a great girls weekend

-sisters who are my best friends

-sharing wine while we get ready

-toasting before the first sip

-admiring my sisters' mothering

-a "fun" Mom who loves her daughters like no other

-a hotel that holds so many special memories

-the lobby with the beautiful scents, stone fireplace, and super shiny wood floors

-napping in the hammock

-phone calls from home

-waterfall sounds

-finding a new favorite restaurant

-telling stories about my kids to people that love them as much as I do

-the waiter who was a "future Jordan"

-getting away from it all

-real conversation

-people watching

-yummy chicken wraps

-two kids that make me so happy and proud I could literally burst

-a capable husband who loves spending time with his kids alone

-deciding to go down the lazy river

-bringing lots of books and magazines to girls weekend and not reading a word because we talked the whole time

-my beautiful new lens, a surprise gift from my family

-a dad who just wants his girls to be happy

-feeling happy, content, and oh-so-lucky for being born into the family that I did. :)

6 comments:

Mary said...

As usual, Jen, you nailed it. All those little moments, combined, made up the most fun, relaxing, weekend with my girls. I am so blasted lucky to have you all. It was the best, the best.

Love you all!!!!!

Mom

Kelly Hutcheson said...

What a way to capture the weekend with pictures and bullets! We are so lucky to have each other!! Weekends away together make me realize it even more!!

Carin said...

I am crying...loved this. made me miss my sister.

can't wait to do this with my girls someday.

xoxo

Krista said...

what a great weekend! what an awesome family you have!

Heidi said...

OH MY...that was soooooo super sweet. Love the list, the Pic is to die for, should be hung on all your walls bc it is picture perfect.

I thought about you all the weekend you were gone, knowing that you were all enjoying each other and your girl time so much.

miss you-
so happy you love the lens. what a thoughful gift!!

Kelle said...

oh...you deserve this. i wished i was there only because i love you so much...it reminded me of hot tub night...just the love and sisterhood and appreciating wonderful women for who they are. xoxo